We are delighted to announce that Mayfair Capital has been shortlisted with six other firms for Property Fund Manager of the Year at Property Week’s Annual Awards 2015.
The other finalists are UBS Global Asset Management, LaSalle Investment Management, Schroder Real Estate Investment Management, CBRE Global Investors, M&G Investments and AXA Real Estate.
This latest accolade follows Mayfair Capital being ‘highly commended’ last October for the Investment Fund Manager of the Year at the Estates Gazette Awards 2014.
Brief highlights of our year, which led to the firm being shortlisted, include:
- Doubling assets under management to c.£700 million, owing to significant inflows of money into our funds and winning a new mandate from Jupiter Asset Management, enabling clients invested in the Jupiter Merlin Funds to gain exposure to property for the first time
- Increasing the size of the firm from 14 to 18, including appointments of William Hill, former head of property at Schroders, as a non-executive director, and Gill Roantree, former head of property investment support at Schroders, as chief operating officer, a newly-created position
- The Property Income Trust for Charities and the Mayfair Capital Property Unit Trust both exceeding their return objectives over a 12 month, 3 year and 5 year basis
- Innovative transactions included:
- The purchase of a portfolio of show homes let to Barratt Plc
- The successful exit of the ‘planning gain’ residential site in Chelsea Harbour leading to an equity multiple to investors of 2.08% and a project IRR of 27% per annum